On Saturday, we propose walks to discover the city centre, a former fortress, through the alleys and squares around the Grand Ducal Palace and the Cathedral, in the small islands of the Old Town, on the Corniche and from the old fortifications. At the end of the day, we will find ourselves in the Grund district, where the former breweries of the city have now been transformed into one of the highlights of the local nightlife.
- 10 :00 Welcoming the sketchers at the Casino 41, Rue Notre Dame
- 14 :30 Late arrival at the MNHA Marché aux Poissons
- 18 :30 Aperitif – official photo at the Rives de Clausen Rives de Clausen, Grund
On Sunday, we suggest that you start the day on the former fortified plateaus of the Rham and Obergrünewald before venturing into the suburbs below the Old Town, the Grund, and the Pfaffenthal or the Parc de la Pétrusse. You can discover breathtaking views of the Old Town and its unique skyline at the turn of a path.
- 10 :00 Start at the Plateau du Rham Plateau du Rham, rue du Rham
- 16 :00 Official photo at Start at the Cercle Cité Place d’Armes, parvis du Cercle Cité
Let’s gather before the end of the sketching weekend for a group photo and share your experiences and sketches.
This event is organised by Urban Sketchers Luxembourg in collaboration with luca.